A Step by Step Guide: How to Care For Your Artificial Wreath
This blog post contains affiliate links. I may make a small commission using the commissionable links provided at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer, here. Thank you for supporting The Gifted Wreath.
How to Care For Your Artificial Wreath//A Step by Step Guide
Wreaths on a front door are so inviting and they add beautiful curb appeal to your home. But you may be wondering how to keep your artificial outdoor wreath protected from the weather.
Over the years, I have discovered some helpful wreath care tips that will make your wreath good as new!
Today, I am sharing my step by step guide explaining how you can keep your artificial wreath clean, fresh, tidy, and lasting a long time even in inclement weather.
10 Steps to a Clean Artificial Outdoor Wreath
1. Keep your wreath out of direct sunlight to avoid fading. I like to spray a UV floral protection spray before I hang my wreath on the door. I find using a UV spray helps to keep the materials in the wreath from fading and bleeding.
2. Use a hair dryer on a cool setting to blow off any debris.
3. Use WD-40 to help protect the wreath from rainy weather. I recently conducted an
experiment to prove that this tip actually works. View the experiment, here
4. Bring the wreath inside during any harsh inclement weather. This may sound obvious, but bringing the wreath inside during any storms with strong wind and rain is always a good idea to keeping the wreath in good condition.
5. Use a coat hanger to store away the wreath until next use. Hanging your wreath on a coat hanger and storing it in a closet until next use is a perfect storage solution without having to meddle with plastic bags and boxes.
6. Use floral wire to reattach any loose materials. You may find that the hot sun can melt the hot glue causing materials to loosen and fall off. Reattaching the loose materials with floral wire will solve the glue melting issue and will keep the wreath from looking sparse.
7. “Fluff” out any materials that may have been smashed during transit.
8. Attach any potpourri packet to the back of the door wreath if you wish to add a fresh welcoming scent as you walk through the door.
9. Hide a miniature fake owl or snake inside the wreath’s greenery to avoid birds making a nest in your door wreath. This is an awesome life hack to help get rid of pesty visitors.
10. Spray the wreath with an ant/bug repellent before hanging the wreath on your front door.
This will help repel ants and bugs from making a trail to your door wreath.
I hope you found these 10 wreath care tips to be useful. Please comment below which tip you found to be very helpful. Feel free to save and re-pin this blog post on your Pinterest Board. Have a wonderful day!
Wreath Care Shopping Suggestions
I curated an easy shopping list below of my top wreath care products to help you make your faux wreath clean, tidy, and lasting longer. Disclaimer: I may make a small commission on the below affiliate links. There is no additional cost, just easy shopping links.